Pages

Monday, 21 October 2013

This is a note to say "Thank You" to God, who knows every thought and every feeling. I have been at the computer for most of the afternoon, preparing for the upcoming pastors' seminar. For me, it is tiring work, and my shoulders were tired. I sat back and thought, "Gosh I wish I had a snack or something to drink." Those things are not readily available here as in the US.
 
Just then the door knocked and Bannu said, "Roger is back from Narsipur and he brought you this." It was an almond/milk drink! They are so refreshing. They put sweets, almonds and milk in a wonderful mixture, and it is cool and delicious. I told Roger, "You were an angel and didn't know it." God knew just how and when to pick up my spirits and refresh both my body and my heart.
 
It has been a difficult time, even with the "Bandh" over, there is tension and warfare for us. Prayer is necessary every day. Shanti carries so much and she was not feeling well this morning. She went to school anyway. She is back now and feeling better, but I believe Sharath will take her to the 'hospital' -- doctor's office. This doctor is a former classmate to Sharath, a prominent figure in his community. He is a good person, a good friend and good doctor. When I arrived from the USA I had an infected finger. He put it right very quickly. He also gave the antibiotics which helped with the chest cold I have been fighting.
 
Last week his daughter had her "Half-Sari" celebration. When a young girl becomes a woman, at the time of her womanliness, there is a great celebration. She sits on a throne and everyone brings presents and greetings. This celebration covered an entire city block and there was traffic backed up both ways. Hundreds of people. Everyone was fed a huge meal, on long tables. The food was very good, very spicy, the best Indian cooking. Our doctor friend is very favorable to the Christian community and to Sharath. I feel that I have made a friend in him. He is very bright, but still does homage to the Hindu idols. Please pray for all the communities like this one. They stand between the past and the future, and Christ is at the door knocking with His gentle love.
 
Steve, October 21, 4:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment